Salina and I talked about some details for the painting and she provided me with these photos of them. Aren't they the cutest? Together we decided on a design and style that would work best for them.
As much as it scares me, I just love starting with a blank canvas. This is yet another challenge I was excited to meet.
From there I designed and painted their portrait along with their names and wedding date. There were several layers of paint to achieve just the right affect. I recently learned from another talented artist that the most realistic "white" is actually made up of many other colors. I took that advise and actually used a light yellow and light blue for dimension on Oliver's white shirt. I watered down the acrylic paint to make the skin shading and other details all very subtle.
This project was a little bit of a challenge because I did choose to paint a profile view of the couple, rather than a front view, and this required that I focus on the details of the facial features which can be difficult for me. I believe that I was still able to capture their expressions well though. I don't know that I would have changed anything about the final product. I am happy with how it turned out.
So, the idea is that the guests would sign their names around the outside of the painting in the white border area. I think it will be a really nice piece to have at the ceremony. I am so thankful to be able to provide this small detail of their special day. I wish them all the best!
Organized but Colorful.
Aspire to Inspire.